Waste for final disposal
Despite successful source separation and modern processing lines, some waste that cannot be recycled or used as energy is still generated. This waste is called waste for final disposal.
Waste for final disposal includes e.g.
- Asbestos and waste that contains asbestos
- Non-recoverable mineral wool
- Non-recoverable PVC plastic
- Oil-contaminated sand and soil
- Hazardous ash from combustion plants
- Glass fibre
- Processing lines’ rejects and residual waste that are suitable for final disposal
When required, a certificate for acceptance at a landfill shall be presented for waste delivered for final disposal.